Saturday, March 12, 2011

極道恐怖大劇場 牛頭


Somehow during the past few busy days I found time to watch Gozu (cow's head).  I've seen many of Takashi Miike's other films and have usually enjoyed them...and I really loved Gozu.  The film is like a weird dream or trip on mushrooms...the hero just keeps meeting weird person after weird person and strange thing after strange thing happens.  But in a good way. I think that in the last few years Japanese cinema has gotten to weird for its own good (Gozu came out in 2003, though).  Trying to top the last bizarre thing with something even more depraved gets old, but Gozu is genuinely like "WTF LOL."  Terrible, but accurate review.  Awesome.

PS: If I were the type to pray, I would about the earthquake in Japan.  So sad :'( ugh

No comments:

Post a Comment