Thursday, March 17, 2011

Fish Tank


Hooray for women directors.   The overall mood of Fish Tank is TENSE.  Like, really tense.  For me anyway. I kept waiting for crazy shit to happen.  It was kind of...hard for me to watch, especially alone without anyone to share the emotions with.

It was really interesting that this film wasn't in widescreen...a lot of people on IMDB weren't feelin' it, but I didn't mind.

Fish Tank is good. Like, really good. It follows troubled teen Mia in a slum somewhere in the UK.  She likes to dance.  etc etc.  It was one of the few films I've seen lately that made me actually want to see what people were saying about it, so I went to see what the chatter was like on the IMDB board (even though the boards on IMDB are populated by trolls and morons).  There were some people comparing it to An Education, and I totally agree.  Fish Tank is a good An Education.

No comments:

Post a Comment