Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The French Connection

The French Connection is basically a movie about a couple of cops who tail these drug dealers around NYC or as the boss dude in the film puts it, they "go all around town jerking off" (paraphrase)...and yet it is so much more than that.  There is something really interesting about the camera work in The French Connection, like how they filmed a hat in the back of a car or a girls feet peddling a bicycle.  There is also  a very subtle humor in the film that I really liked.  My favorite scene was them tearing the car apart looking for drugs.  Somehow, that was really fascinating.  Oh! And the "Tailing Frog 1" scene was funny, too.

PS. More pictures of Chickenproof at SFIAFF have come to light.  Here is me, director of Chubby Can Kill my homie Kevin Ung & my homie Kathleen at  the Chickenproof screening @ New People. Yep, great pose from me, eh?  That's what I look like.  I am the most photogenic person on the PLANET.

No comments:

Post a Comment