Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Lumea Vazuta de Ion B


The World According Ion B is a doccumentary shown on TV produced by HBO Romania.  I'd never seen any films out of Romania, so this was interesting.  The film follows "Ion B", a drunk vargarnt genius artist.  The guy doesn't really have as many interesting things to say as you'd think, though...he isn't say as funny as, say, a schizophrenic.  I'm not sure this was a super interesting topic for a film, but it was a good way to get awareness out there for this guy's art...because it seriously is amazing and hilarious.  Still, I think I'd rather go to an exhibition than see a film about it.


A short was supposed to play before the film, it looked like it may have been interesting, but there were technical difficulties so I guess I'll never know >:(!!


Some of his awesome art:





No comments:

Post a Comment